Determined to sell or have no choice
Most people will decide to sell rather than stay put. The average American will sell their first home within 5 years and will probably buy and sell others during their lifetime. America is a very mobile society and moving a thousand miles away for a new job is common.
Examples of why you might have to sell include:
- · The kids have all grown up, left the nest and your home is now way too big for just the two of you.
- · You just can’t take another eight months of rain and low cloud cover and are moving to New Mexico.
- · Upgrade from a condo to a house.
- · Getting too old for that big stairs and garden and want to downsize to a condo.
- · Finally got your dream job in another state.
- · Getting a divorce.
- · Just can’t take another eight months of sunshine in New Mexico and moving to Seattle (that’ll be a first!).
Whatever your situation, try to give yourself as much time as possible to get your home ready for market. Trying to arrange the sale of your still furnished home after moving out of state can be a stressful process.